Festivals and holidays are exciting because you wait with anticipation, for your friends and family to visit and celebrate these special days with you. Clearly you’d want your house to look top-notch for the guests. Apart from all the fancy and expensive decor pieces that you are planning to buy, you can consider a simple holiday flower decor.It is easy to make and a fun activity to engage in with your family. DIY floral letters are an elegant twist to the traditional flower décor, and it is an exquisite accent that is sure to impress your lovely guests. We have broken down the process of making a letter flower wall art using roses and tulips for you to recreate and hang on your walls when guests arrive on special days.
Before we get started with the actual process of creating flower letters, here's a list of materials and tools you'll need:
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Waterproof tape
- Box cutter
- Floral shears (Optional)
- Sheet moss (1 Pkg. Per Letter)
- Frame stand (1 Stand Per Letter)
- Extra heavy duty cardboard or wood letters
- Fresh or silk flowers
- Oasis foam
- Water to soak oasis foam
- Stemmed roses and tulips
You can easily find these items at your local florist’s, or an online flower shop or a craft store.
- To begin the process of creating a flower wall art, take the box cutter and trim the top off each letter. You can decide the letters you want to create. If you are doing this for the first time, we’d recommend you to stick to small words like HELLO or LOVE.
- Now wrap the inside of each letter with cellophane. You have to next secure it with waterproof tape to keep the moisture out. You don’t need to worry about making this process neat and perfect. We will get to that later.
- Fill a large container with plenty of water and soak oasis foam, allowing the foam to soak in the water slowly. When it sinks down to the bottom, it would mean that the foam is ready. Make sure you don’t force the foam by pressing down as it will create dry spots in the center.
- Now cut the oasis foam to the shape of each letter, keeping it about 2 inches deep, making sure it has enough room. Tape the foam in place with waterproof tape.
- Using sheet moss and glue gun, cover the back of each letter, and cut as needed to give it the right shape. Now, cut the stem of each rose and tulip, leaving about an inch, and place in the center of the foam, creating a pattern of your liking. It could be a spiral or just vertical or horizontal lines.
- Finish the process by covering all exposed foam, even on the sides. Use a glue gun to attach the frame stand to every letter by finding its center mass. It will allow the letter to free stand. You can also carefully create a hole at the back to hang it wherever you want.
Hope this DIY floral letter activity helps you make a beautiful decor piece for your lovely abode. Your guests won’t just love it, but they will also appreciate the efforts you have put in to create this masterpiece. Pickupflowers.com will help you with their superior products and prompt service.