Andy Sturgeon is one of the UK's leading garden designers. His modern designs are a fusion of traditional materials and contemporary styling. Andy served as a garden writer for the Guardian and was previously columnist with the Daily Mail, Daily Express and Sunday Times.
Andy Sturgeon worked at The Royal Horticultural Society Gardens Wisley and as a landscape gardener before graduating from the Welsh College of Horticulture in 1987.
Andy personally supports Cancer Research in UK through The Bobby Moore Fund. He took part in Project Brazil 2006.
- Andy Sturgeon's design practice is based in Brighton with commissions ranging from hi tech roof gardens to large country estates all over the UK and in Europe.
- Andy Sturgeon's garden design take a creative but fiercely practical approach to garden designing.
- Designs of Andy Sturgeon tend to be sleek and stylish with a minute detailed description.
- Andy Sturgeon recieved a Gold Medal from the 2005 Show, for designing the Cancer Research UK garden on the charity's major cancer prevention campaign 'Reduce Your Risk'.
- Andy Sturgeon's achievements have been recognised by the RHS, the prestigious Design and Decoration Awards, the British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI) and the Society of Garden Designers.
- Andy Sturgeon's projects are frequently featured on television, in magazines and national newspapers at home and overseas.
- Andy Sturgeon has been included in House and Garden magazine's exclusive list of the top 50 designers in Britain.
- Andy Sturgeon's work has also featured in BBC2's Small Town Gardens series.
- Andy is the garden designer for BBC 1's Garden Invaders, has presented the Chelsea Flower Show several times
- Andy Sturgeon remained for several years as the resident gardener on GMTV.
Andy Sturgeon has published two books with a third on the way. He contributes regularly to numerous lifestyle and gardening magazines including BBC Gardeners World.
- Potted - By Andy Sturgeon: Potted contains all the practical information you need on feeding, watering and potting, including organic options for plant care. Potted is not only a comprehensive care manual, but also a guide to co-ordinating plants to room design and living conditions. Andy Sturgeon shows us how indoor plants are good for our environment and good for our soul.
- Planted - By Andy Sturgeon: Here Andy Sturgeon gives a unique information regarding gardening that makes this book an informative and makes us feel the practical breath of fresh air. Planted brings gardening into the 21st century and has to be one of the most enjoyable and energetic gardening books in recent times.