Bill Strauss is the CEO of the Proflowers.com, an online e-commerce site. Proflowers.com, is a Provide Commerce brand, and is a major flower retailer in the United States. Its headquarter is in San Diego, California. Bill has a bachelors degree in accounting from Syracuse University.
ProFlowers is an e-commerce marketplace that sells products shipped from growers, suppliers and distributors to consumers. ProFlowers's platform combines an online storefront, proprietary supply chain management technology and established supplier relationships to create a market platform that includes growers, manufacturers and distribution warehouses.
- In the early 1990s, he was vice president of operations for Hanover Direct, a large catalogue company where he was largely responsible for building the infrastructure that supported growth from $250 million to $1 billion in annual revenues over a three-year period.
- Then Bill joined ChipSoft, the makers of TurboTax and MacinTax as part of the senior management team. During his second year, ChipSoft was acquired by Intuit, makers of Quicken and QuickBooks.
- As part of that senior management team, Bill helped to build the infrastructure that supported a growth in annual revenues from $50 million to $750 million over a five-year period.
- ProFlowers has eliminated some intermediaries from the legacy supply chain, realizing cost advantages and higher margins.
- Their platform reduces or eliminates many of the typical costs associated with traditional retail businesses including inventory, capital expenditures, labor and administrative expenses.
- When a customer places an order at Proflowers.com site, the order is sent directly to one of a network of growers who then cuts the flowers, packs the order and ships it via Federal Express, usually within 24 hours. Each order triggers at least three e-mails back to the customer: the first confirms the order, the second announces that the order was shipped, and the third indicates the order has arrived at its destination.
In one of his talks Strauss said that Fresh flowers are an affordable luxury that will enhance the holiday, said Bill Strauss. He also said that With a wide selection of flowers from $29.99 to $99.99, customers will not only get the most value from their purchases, they will be able to select an arrangement that's personalized for that special someone.
Bill Strauss of Proflowers.com won the prestigious Margaret Sellers Award!