Celebrated in October or November, Thanksgiving is originally a harvest festival and today, family and friends come together to make this occasion special by giving thanks or showing what they are thankful for. And no Thanksgiving dinner can be complete without beautiful floral arrangements. Especially, if you are planning to host a dinner party at your place, you can gather inspiration from the following Thanksgiving flower arrangements, to give your home a whole new edge. And of course, your guests will love the lush and fragrant effect that flowers bring!
- Harvest the power of the sun Yellows and oranges are perfect for bringing home some solar power during the cold month of Thanksgiving. So, you can put together some bright yellow sunflowers, orange gerberas, and some sunny Sternbergia in a big pumpkin, literally! Or, a pumpkin-shaped vase will also do. It will surely create a unique impact and make everyone feel warm and cosy.
- Combine textures and colours To create a rich and exotic arrangement, you need to combine the right hues and textures. For instance, bringing together red orchids, orange roses, amber Football Mums, and green hydrangeas can be a wonderful idea! Carnations, roses and gerberas in orange and red hues are also a fantastic idea.
- How about jewel tones? If you are wondering which thanksgiving flowers to use for a dark, jewel-toned arrangement, consider purple dahlias, purple gerberas and purple crocus. Roses in lavender or dark pink or red can also be added to the arrangement for a luscious look. Use a white porcelain vase to show off the contrasting hues of the flowers.
- Multicoloured beauty with roses Roses are always special and deserve unique consideration no matter what the occasion. Looking to create an arrangement that has all kinds of colours in it? Then consider putting together roses in different shades like pink, peach, white, yellow and red. Add some ferns for that green touch. You can try using a vintage copper vase or a crystal one, whichever goes well with your overall decor theme.
- Fruity concoction A Thanksgiving arrangement doesn’t just have to be about flowers. You can add fruity delights to it, like red or green apples, oranges, pink pomegranates or purple berries! The arrangement will be fragrant and it will look yum too. Always use fresh fruits though. They are the best way to showcase nature’s bounty.
- Pair it with candles Candles make everything look pretty. And it’s no different for Thanksgiving floral arrangements. You can simply use an old wooden crate or build one at home and paint it white. Then put in some ferns, twigs, dry branches and scatter some colourful flowers like begonia and dahlias here and there. Set up candles or votive ones at regular intervals and voila! You have a picturesque centrepiece ready. With the help of online flower delivery services, it is now super easy to order all flowers that you want to create your favourite Thanksgiving bouquet. So, pick an arrangement that you think will be most appealing and get started.
Planning to shop for fresh and beautiful Thanksgiving flowers? Place an order with us now and get flowers delivered on time.