Flowers have their own language. They can be used to express a lot of different emotions. You can send flowers to funeral home as they serve as a long-lasting tribute to the deceased as well as a constant reminder of affection you wish to support through the grieving process.
Funeral flowers can easily be bought online from a reputed website. Many websites also offer free doorstep delivery to your chosen location. However, before ordering funeral flowers online, there are certain things that you must be aware of. You must know about the different types of funeral flowers that you can purchase and the meaning they carry.
In this article, we will discuss the different funeral flower meanings to help you order the most suitable ones online.
- Lilies: Lily is one of the most common flower that is used for carrying at funerals. This is because lilies symbolize innocence and affection that has been restored to the deceased soul. You can go for white lilies as they convey purity. White stargazer lilies are most appropriate for they express sympathy.
- Gladioli: These flowers have a very tall stem that runs up to 4 feet. The stem is composed of multiple flowers. Gladioli is most commonly used in fan sprays, which are a special type of flower arrangement made for funerals. This bloom signifies sincerity, moral integrity and loyalty of a person. You can send these in any colour, such as pink, purple, white, yellow, salmon, orange, etc.
- Carnations: Fragrant and relatively long-lasting, carnations are widely used for creating cheap funeral flower arrangements. You can opt for white and pink carnation, where the former stands for blissful love and innocence and the latter symbolizes remembrance.
- Chrysanthemums: Chrysanthemum is another popular funeral flower that is included in almost all funeral floral arrangements. The flower symbolizes grief and sorrow that you feel for the deceased’s family.
- Roses: Roses can be added to a flower arrangement that you want for a funeral. You can go for white roses that symbolize innocence, humility and reverence. Pink roses stand for love, grace and appreciation. Yellow roses can also be gifted by close friends of the departed as these stand for friendship and strong ties. Dark crimson coloured roses convey grief and sorrow. You do not necessarily have to go for a bouquet of only roses. Even a floral arrangement that contains a single rose can be given to express enduring love for the deceased.
- Orchid Plant: Orchid is a beautiful plant that is a special way of saying that I will always love you. Sending orchid plant is a sweet gesture of sympathy. You can go for pink and white orchids for funerals.
- Hydrangea Plant: Sending the beautiful and seasonal hydrangea plant is a suitable gesture to comfort a grieving family. This bloom can be kept indoors as well as outdoors. It is a sturdy plant that grows in almost every kind of soil and keeps growing for many years. Sending hydrangea is often considered as a gesture of heartfelt sincerity.
- Daffodils and Tulips: Bright yellow tulips and daffodils can symbolize a fresh start. These are also believed to bring motivation and positive hopes to someone who is unhappy or grieving.
These are some of the popular flowers that you can take on funerals. You can contact any funeral florist to get these delivered to you right at your doorstep.