The Rose, in all its variety and color, was made the New York State flower in 1955. Roses have been appreciated throughout the centuries and are considered one of the most popular and widely cultivated flowers in the world today. There are over 150 species and more than 20,000 hybrids of Roses available.
- Rosa L.
Roses are one of the most popular flowering shrubs of the world. Rose flowers can be large and solitary or small and clustered. Roses range in color from white through all shades of pink to deep red/crimson, lilac, peach and numerous other hues. Some species are even bright yellow. There are 3 different roses: species, varieties, and cultivars.
Rose inflorescence consists of Terminal buds, which may be single or double. The rose flowers are large, and in the wild state have five petals of a colour, varying from deep pink to white, or sometimes yellow. Rose flowers are very fragrant. Roses bloom from the spring through out the summer.
Roses have been divided into several categories depending on habit and breeding: Species Roses, Old Roses, Hybrid Tea Roses, Floribunda Roses, Modern shrub Roses, Climbers and Ramblers, Miniature Roses.
There are many online florists who deliver flowers to New York. You can send flowers, plants of your choice to your loved ones living in New York or from New York to other locations across the United States of America through these popular New York Online Florists.
- Rose flower plants grow to a height of 2-10 feet.
- Even in the wild, Roses are an enormously varied group of plants, ranging from prostrate shrubs to enormous climbers.
- They are characterized by their spiny thorns.
- Rose leaves are deciduous, compound, with alternate arrangement. Rose flower plants have 3 or 5, occasionally 7 leaflets.
- The Rose leaf shape is Ovate, with serrate leaf margins.
- Rose shrubs have pinnate leaves and usually prickly stems.
- Rose flower fragrance and petals are enhanced by cultivation and hybridisation.
- There are different classes of Roses formed, which are: the Banksia, Baurbon, Boursalt, China, Noisette, Hybrid Perpetual, etc., with multitudes of varieties.
- Rose tree bark is green, covered with spines, and turns light brown to reddish brown with age.
- Roses should be fertilized monthly from March until September.
- Roses should be kept away from Aphids and thrips.
- Pruning is of utmost importance for Roses.
The capital city of Newyork is Albany. New York attained statehood on July 26, 1788. New York's official flag was adopted in 1901
- New York's Nickname The Empire State.
- New York is located between 42.665N, 073.799W of Northern Hemisphere.
- Total land area of New York is 54,475 square miles.
- New York's border states are: Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island (water border).
- The Statue of Liberty, a gift from France, was put up in the New York harbor, in 1886.
- New York Stock Exchange is the center of world finance.
- Dinosaur Fossils found in New York include Coelophysis trackways.
- Major industries in Newyork are: Manufacturing, Foreign Trade, Commercial and Financial Transactions, Book and Magazine Publishing, Theatrical Productions, Cattle, Corn, Poultry, Fruits and Vegetables, Wine.
- Historical sites of the state are: Castle Clinton, Fort Stanwix, Franklin D. Roosevelt's House in Hyde Park, Theodore Roosevelt's Houses in Oyster Bay and New York City, Grant's Tomb, Federal Hall in New York City, Fort Ticonderoga, Saratoga Battlefield.
- Interesting points in NewYork are: Statue of Liberty National Monument, Niagara Falls, the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, the United Nations, and many world famous museums and parks.