Nico De Swert is a floral designer and interior stylist of Belgium, living in New York. He is one of the most sought-after creative talents in the world of floral artisty. Nico De Swert's fantastic floral arrangements are traditional bouquets. His floral arrangements are very much different from the usual floral designs.
Nico uses flowers as his medium for creating spectacular artistic renderings that often take inspiration from their containers and fuse the uncommon with the unexpected.
Some of the innovative materials he uses include nuts, acorns, mattress fern, green milkweed pods, lemon leaves, and fruits.
- His floral arrangements have appeared in leading magazines such as Martha Stewart Living; The Oprah Magazine; and InStyle.
- Wendell T. Webber shoots for a variety of publications, such as Martha Stewart Living and InStyle, as well as such companies as the Gap, American Express, and Mercedes-Benz.
- His work challenges the viewer to see flowers and plants in a new light: as a medium for creating art.
- He is employed by Martha Stewart Living.
- Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Nicole Kidman and
Valentino celebrate magical moments in their lives with flowers. They each turned to Nico De Swert for his artistic designs.
- One of his most decadent arrangements, Golden Sunset, is full of romance with 24 stems of exquisite Grand Prix red roses and red hypericum berries elegantly arranged in a gold tapered designed vase.
Living With Flowers: This book profiles around 75 of his stunning displays in lush, and containing full-page photos, and close up photos by Wendell T. Webber. These are arranged by color into seven chapters, as the monochrome arrangements work better for his needs than multi-colored ones.
- There are more photographs which is a visual feast.
- In this book he explains how to achieve various techniques and how these should be done properly. Some of the things he suggests are against conventional wisdom.
- Flower arranging tips at the end