Patrick Taylor is a garden writer. Patrick wrote some of the books on
Patrick has written a number of books on garden writing. Some of them are:
- The Oxford Companion to the Garden: A one-volume encyclopedia of short authoritative articles on notable gardens, landscape designers, garden features.
- Period Gardens: New Life for Historic Landscapes
- The 1997 Gardener's Guide to Britain
- Making Gardens: An Essential Guide to Planning and Planting :Making Gardens shows that, by looking at well-made gardens and analyzing the nature of their design, any gardener can learn from other people's experiences. Patrick Taylor presents color photos of 40 gardens, most of them private and designed by amateurs. In each example the site, materials, and plants are analyzed in detail.
- Gardening With Roses: A Practical and Inspirational Guide: Roses are the best loved of all garden plants. For beauty and variety of flower, and sweetness of scent, they are incomparable. However, they are not the easiest plants to use in the garden, and to encourage their glorious best they must be used with care. Enhanced by more than 200 color photos, Gardening with Roses is a practical and inspirational guide in which Patrick Taylor selects the best varieties, describes their special virtues, and explains how to use them effectively.
Patrick received the Farr Silver Medal from the American Hemerocallis Society in 1997 for his pioneering work.