PUERTO RICO STATE FLOWERS
Puerto Rican hibiscus is the Puerto Rico State Flower. Puerto Rican hibiscus is also commonly known as Thespesia grandiflora, Maga grandiflora, Montezuma and flor de maga. Puerto Rican hibiscus is cultivated mostly as an ornamental tree for the beauty of its flowers although it is also valued for its timber.
- T. grandiflora
The Puerto Rican hibiscus (Maga) is different from the common hibiscus. The Maga is a tree which grows tall. Maga tree or Puerto Rican hibiscus tree is an attractive small to medium sized tree, with dark green foliage and large dark pink or red flowers. Puerto Rican hibiscus flowers are cup-shaped and are 7.5 to 9 cm and 9.0 to 13 cm, broad with five overlapping petals. The Puerto Rican hibiscus flowers are borne singly on long petioles from leaf bases.
Puerto Rican hibiscus stand singly on long petioles from leaf bases. Puerto Rican hibiscus are produced intermittently throughout the year in warm climates. Puerto Rican hibiscus grows near San Juan in north-eastern Puerto Rico. Puerto Rican hibiscus is endemic to the humid forests of Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rican hibiscus flowers between 5-7 years of age.
- Puerto Rican hibiscus leaves are Heart-shaped, shiny green, usually ranging in size from 5 cm to 20 cm (2 to 8 inches) long.
- Puerto Rican hibiscus Fruit Capsule is a flattened indehiscent leathery sphere.
- Puerto Rican hibiscus seeds are the grayish brown seeds, 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Both the capsules and the hard seeds are buoyant and can be dispersed to very long distances by sea water.
- Puerto rican hibiscus flowers depends on bats and birds for dispersal.
There are many online florists who deliver flowers to Puerto Rico. You can send flowers, plants of your choice to your loved ones living in Puerto Rico or from Puerto Rico to other locations across the United States of America through these popular Puerto Rico Online Florists.
Puerto rico is a commonwealth of the United States. Puerto rico attained statehood on July 25, 1952. The Puerto rico state is nicknamed as Isle of Enchantment, with the capital city as San Juan.
- Puerto rico state Motto is John is his name.
- Puerto rico lies between Latitude: 18.15 N and Longitude: 66.30 W.
- Puerto rico is placed between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, east of the Dominican Republic.
- Total land area of Puerto rico is 13,790 sq km.
- Climate conditions of Puerto rico are tropical marine, mild; with little seasonal temperature variation.
- Natural resources of Puerto rico are copper and nickel; potential for onshore and offshore oil.
- San Juan is one of the biggest and best natural harbors in the Caribbean.
- There is an abundance of sugarcane, coffee, pineapples, plantains, bananas; livestock products, chickens.
- Major Industries include pharmaceuticals, electronics, apparel, food products, tourism.
- Puerto Rico has one of the most dynamic economies in the Caribbean region. A diverse industrial sector has far surpassed agriculture as the primary locus of economic activity and income.
- Tourism has traditionally been an important source of income.
- Puerto Rico is close to the deepest submarine depression in the North Atlantic Ocean.
- The deepest point in the Atlantic Ocean, the Milwaukee Depth, lies within the Puerto Rico Trench, at a depth of 27,493 feet (8,380 meters) in the western end of the trench, about 100 miles northwest of Puerto Rico.
- The Puerto Rico Trench is about 1,090 miles long and 60 mileswide. The origin of the trench can be traced back to the beginning of the Tertiary period.
- Among the top 10 endangered birds in the world, the Puerto Rican Parrot is one.