Steven Foster a native of USA, is an author, photographer and consultant specializing in medicinal and aromatic plants. Steven Foster is highly respected person in herbal world with over 32 years of experience.
Steven Foster is the author of 15 books and serves on the editorial boards of several magazines including Herbs for Health and HerbalGram. Foster is President of Steven Foster Group, Inc. in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.
Steven Foster began his career at the age of 17, in 1974, at the Sabbathday Lake, Maine Shaker Community Herb Department - America's oldest herb business, dating to 1799. There he established three acres of production gardens and managed 1700 acres for the commercial harvest of botanicals.
Steven Foster has written numerous books and magazine articles on the medicinal use of herbs. He is the coauthor of the Peterson Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs of Eastern and Central North America. Roger Tory Peterson, is one of the world's greatest naturalists, received every major award for ornithology, natural science, and conservation, as well as numerous honorary degrees, medals, and citations, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- For thirty-two years, Steven Foster has served as a medicinal and aromatic plant specialist, writer, lecturer and photographer as well as an international consultant to growers, researchers and others in the medicinal and aromatic industries.
- Foster has over 800 photo-illustrated articles in popular, trade and scientific journals.
- Steven serves as an Associate Editor for HerbalGram and is on the editorial board of the Journal of Herbs, Spices and Medicinal Plants.
- Steven Foster photographs have appeared in numerous magazines, including: American Gardener, American Horticulturist, Better Nutrition, Consumer Report. Today, as a specialist in medicinal and aromatic plants, his stock photo files number over 120,000 images in a highly specialized stock niche.
- Steven is seen in several television broadcasts including The Today Show and PBS.
There are number of books authored and co-authored by Steven Foster.
- A Field Guide to Venomous Animals and Poisonous Plants: North America North of Mexico:
This essential guide to safety features 90 venomous animals and more than 250 poisonous plants and fungi.
- A Field Guide to Western Medicinal Plants and Herbs: This book features common weeds with uncommon stories, sinister plants with deadly reputations, and friendly vegetables disguised as weeds. There are 50 detailed drawings which will help to identify these plants which grow in both urban and natural areas of Northern California.
- A Field Guide to Medicinal Plants and Herbs: Of Eastern and Central North America
This essential guide to safety in the field features 90 venomous animals and more than 250 poisonous plants and fungi. The 340 line drawings make identification fast and simple; 160 species are also illustrated with color photographs.
- Encyclopedia of Common Natural Ingredients Used in Food, Drugs, & Cosmetics: Albert Y. Leung and Steven Foster - The Encyclopedia of Common Natural Ingredients stands as one of most authoritative reference for natural ingredients in commercial use.
- Herbal Renaissance-Growing, Using and Understanding Herbs in the Modern World:It features chapters on plant names, garden design, propagation, harvesting and drying herbs, and articles on 91 herbs, including descriptions, cultivation and propagation (including commercial growing), culinary, medicinal, and fragrant uses.
- Echinacea-Nature's Immune Enhancer:- This book covers all aspects of Echinacea, including ethnobotany, medical history, modern research, preparations, safety, cultivation, substitution and adulteration, chemical constituents, taxonomy, identification, geography, and conservation issues. A list of seed and plant sources is included.
- Herbal Emissaries-Bringing Chinese Herbs to the West:
- Steven Foster and Yue Chongxi - The book covers Chinese herbs from a Western perspective. 43 herbs are covered including common, scientific and Chinese names, history of introduction and use, traditional and modern uses, description, distribution, cultivation, harvesting and processing details, with additional notations.
- Forest Pharmacy-Medicinal Plants in American Forests:- Steven Foster - The book contains an overview of medicinal plant utilization in our world, with information from new technologies to genetic resources and medicinal plant cultivation.
- Herbs for Your Health - A Handy Guide for Knowing and Using 50 Common Herbs: Herbs for Your Health is one of the best quick guides to herbs. Covering 50 plants, it includes essential information on the source plant, traditional uses, current scientific data, preparations, dosage, and cautions, and also commonly used herbs such as Aloe, Bilberry, Black Cohosh, Chamomile, Echinacea, Garlic, Ginger, and others.
- 101 Medicinal Herbs-Their History, Use, Recommended Dosages and Cautions:
The article include detailed information on herb forms, benefits, parts used, side effects, and dosages. 101 Medicinal Herbs presents detailed information with references on over 100 of the best-selling herbs in the American market with an assessment of their usefulness from a scientific perspective.
- Tyler's Honest Herbal-A Sensible Guide to the Use of Herbs and Related Remedies:
- Steven Foster and Varro Tyler, PhD - Over 120 herbs are covered including descriptive information on the source of the plant, its traditional uses, and an evaluation of the relevant and current scientific literature which helps support or disprove intended uses of the plant.