Indian Paintbrush or Painted Cup (Castilleja linariaefolia) or Prairie-fire, was adopted as the State Flower on January 31, 1917. Indian Paintbrush's true flowers are inconspicuous, and the charactereistic feature is the bright red flower like bracts which look like flowers.
- Scrophulariaceae - Figwort family
- Castilleja Mutis - Indian paintbrush
- Castilleja linariaefolia
Indian paintbrush is a member of the figwort family, a perennial, having a cluster of stems that grow upward from the base, to 60 cm. tall. Indian Paintbrush is found throughout most of British Columbia. The interesting point is that, the top of the flower looks as if they have been dipped in bright red paint, hence the name Indian Paintbrush.
The Indian Paintbrush is a semi-parasitic plants. Indian Paintbrush plants are attached to the tubes of host plants by their roots. Indian paintbrushes suck their nutreints and even water from the host plants. The Indian paintbrush is propagated by dividing rhizomes, tubers, corms or bulbs (including offsets). The Indian paintbrush is grown from seed, when sown directly in fall.
There are many online florists who deliver flowers to Wyoming. You can send flowers, plants of your choice to your loved ones living in Wyoming or from Wyoming to other locations across the United States of America through these popular Wyoming Online Florists.
- The Indian paintbrush shrub is a perennial but in some species, they are annuals.
- The leaves of the Indian paintbrush are long and narrow, pointed and without teeth.
- The upper leaves have 3 lobes and are hairy.
- Indian Painbrush flowers are set in clusters, long tube-like pale green to red on the ends. Indian paintbrush flowers are partly hidden by brilliant red, with toothed bracts.
- Indian Painbrush has a fruit capsule embedded with many seeds.
- Dyes have been made from the Indian Paintbrush plant.
- The roots of the painted cups are partially parasitic on the roots of other green plants.
- The Indian paintbrush plant is good at removing selenium (a toxic metal) from the soil.
- Indian Paintbrush is difficult to grow as it must have a host plant associated with it.
- One of the species of Indian paintbrush, Christ's Indian Paintbrush (Castilleja christii), has been considered for protection under the Endangered Species Act since 1975.
- Transplating to the other place, may kill it.
- The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush is a story passed down through oral tradition.
There are many online florists who deliver flowers to Wyoming. You can send flowers of your choice to your loved ones living in Wyoming or from Wyoming to other locations across the United States of America through these popular Online Florists USA.
Wyoming has Cheyenne as its capital. Wyoming became a state on July 10, 1890. Wyoming's official flag was adopted in 1917.
- State Nickname of wyoming is Equality State.
- Wyoming state is located between 41.145N, 104.792W of the United States.
- Total land area of wyoming state is 97,818 square miles.
- Basically the climate is categorized as semiarid.
- Major Industries of wyoming state are farming (cattle, sheep), mining (coal, uranium), oil, natural gas, tourism.
- Bordering States of wyoming state are Colorado, Montana, Nebraska, South Dakota, Utah, Idaho.
- Dinosaur Fossils are also found in Wyoming.
- Economy of wyoming state depends upon Agriculture: Cattle, sugar beets, sheep, hay, wheat; Industry: Mining, chemical products, lumber and wood products, printing and publishing, machinery, tourism.
- Historical Sites in wyoming state are: Fort Laramie National Historic site, Blue starPoints of Interest: Yellowstone National Park; Grand Teton National Park; Jackson Hole; Cheyenne's Annual Frontier Days Celebration; Flaming Gorge; and Devil's Tower and Fossil Butte National Monuments
- Wyoming state leads the nation in uranium and coal production.